a web museum

 

West Transept and Nave Windows

Architect: Twizell & Twizell, Vancouver

1928

The Memorial Chapel was built through the remarkable efforts of Padre (Lt.-Col) George O. Fallis, C.B.E, E.D., D.D as a memorial to those who served and died in "The Great War", also known as World War One.

Rev. Fallis made a solemn commitment to the soldiers whose memorials he presided over while he was serving as a chaplain in France to return and build a peace memorial.

His intention was in no way to glorify war; on the contrary, it was to establish a peace memorial.

The design included ten stained glass windows; one for each province and the Yukon Territory, as well as a Chancel window and an All-Canada window.

 

West Transept and Nave Windows