John Henry Dearle, Morris & Co, London
The window was commissioned by Henry Stone, a founder of the Vancouver Art Gallery, and his wife Beatrice Stone, as a memorial to their son, Lieut. Horace Gordon Stone, who died in active service in 1918.
The Art Gallery displayed the window until the Second World War, when it was removed for safekeeping. After the war, the window was returned to Mrs. Allan S. Gentles, Lieut. Stone's sister.
When the West Vancouver Memorial Library was constructed in 1950, Mrs. Gentles presented the window to the Library where it has been displayed ever since.
ISGC © 2010